February 13, 2021
Welcome back to my blog for those of you who continue to support my blog, thank you! and hello to any new comers!
Today I’m going to be showing you a little guide on how to create your own easy DIY garden sandpit for your babes.
Instead of using your everyday plastic sandpit which takes up a lot of space I decided to create my own sandpit in my garden bed as the ultimate space saver!
Things you’ll need:
– Some plastic hedging (Bunnings, $11.95)
– Weed mat or black plastic (Bunnings, black plastic is free, weed mat is $5 for a 5 metre roll)
– Bags of sand (Bunnings $7 per bag)
– Shovel for digging (Bunnings, $6.95)
I bought all of my supplies from Bunnings, all up the total cost including the sand was around $30!
1. To begin your going to choose a spot in your garden bed that has minimal plants or taller trees that you can have featured in the sandpit like mine above.
2. You need to dig a square shape in the dirt deep enough for your hedging to sit firmly inside.
3. Cut the required size of weed mat and place down inside your square area that you’ve dug out.
4. Then place your hedging into the square shaped hole that you have dug, and replace dirt back around the hedging so it is secured in place.
5. Fill up with bags of sand. This will also help secure your hedging in place.
6. Be proud of your efforts and let your little one enjoy!
If you enjoyed seeing how to create my DIY sandpit please head over to my Instagram @by.jessicamarie for more DIY projects and home inspiration.
Also don’t forget to tag me @by.jessicamarie in any of your DIY sandpit creations, I would absolutely love to see them!
Have a great day and happy sandpit making!